Dr. Caren and Dr. Urman's Heart Health e-Newsletter
*** SPECIAL UPDATE ***
This complimentary monthly educational service is for our patients and their families but please forward it to anyone who might find it of interest. It usually is sent out the first Friday morning of each month with occasional additional special editions as well. Click here to enter our website and learn more about our practice. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or wish to make an appointment.
Can I Get My Vaccine Yet?
Unfortunately, as of late Wednesday evening, January 13, 2021, even though the federal government and State of California have recommended that all patients age 65 years of age or older be eligible, within Los Angeles County, we are not aware of any place actually routinely injecting COVID vaccines into the arms of anyone other than healthcare workers and first responders.
Yes, we agree. This is beyond frustrating for all of you as well as us as we only want our patients to get protected as soon as possible.
In the meantime, we recommend the following:
1) Make sure you are subscribed to our COR Medical Group Heart Health e-Newsletter and make sure the email address HealthNews@HealthBanks.com is in your contact list so that it does not go to your junk mail or spam folder. This is one avenue for you to keep your eyes and ears open and alert to what is the latest with regard to having access to the vaccine.
Here in the link to sign up for our newsletter. Click here to learn more about our Heart Health e-newsletter which normally comes out the first Friday of each month but additional editions will come out if there is new information about COVID or the vaccination process.
Click here for last month's newsletter
We have attempted to get vaccine for our office for our patients but, just like the majority of other (if not all other) medical offices, we have been unsuccessful thus far.
The picture below shows one of our medical assistants, Erika getting her first shot.
2) If you are not already on My CS-Link, SIGN UP FOR MY CS-LINK™
Cedars does not know exactly when it will receive its first allotment of patient vaccines from L.A. County, but prepare by registering for My CS-Link™. A My CS-Link™ account is the fastest, most reliable way for patients to get up-to-date information about the vaccination process, and will help streamline appointments when scheduling becomes available. Patients can register for an account at mycslink.org or by downloading the Cedars-Sinai mobile app. If you need help registering, call 1-855-427-5465 for help.
3) From what we can tell, we think pharmacies will likely be vaccinating prior to doctors’ offices. Thus, it would be a good idea to check with your local pharmacy. Below is the link for Mickey Fine pharmacy for you to register in case they get the vaccine before us.
This was the latest from Mickey Fine:
Update 1/13/21 as of 12:00pm
Both the federal and state governments have stated that the County of Los Angeles needs to start immunizing the general population as soon as possible.
However, Los Angeles County just started vaccinating moderate / low risk healthcare workers on Monday.
The vaccine is not yet available to the general population in Los Angeles County until we start Phase 1B (general population). It is available in other counties, but I have been informed that people were turned away because they did not live in that county.
On Friday, January 8th, LA County issued the following priority for 1B: This next rollout is strictly age or work based. There is no priority for other health conditions. The County currently estimates an early February start date. We will send an update if this date changes.
1B Tier 1:
• Persons 75 years and older
• Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors:
• Emergency services
• Food and agriculture
1B Tier 2:
• Individuals 65-74 years of age
• Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors:
• Transportation and logistics
• Industrial, commercial, residential & sheltering facilities & services
• Critical manufacturing
• Congregate settings with outbreak risk: incarcerated & homeless
We are still waiting for final approval and for authorization for pharmacies to proceed. We have been in touch with the County daily.
Once we receive their approval, we will be sending an email to everyone on our list to complete the necessary information, including insurance and other information needed to determine priorities as defined by the County. As a reminder, Mickey Fine Pharmacy will:
• Vaccinate only people that meet the current criteria.
• Not charge for the vaccine, we will only bill your insurance for the administration fee.
• Report the administration of the vaccine to the CDC and state registry
If you have any additional friends or family that want to participate, please ask them to submit their name and email through our website at www.mickeyfine.com by clicking the blue enrollment banner.
4) During this time, please be aware of any misinformation and scams from individuals using the following techniques:
-Requiring cash in order to be moved up on the vaccine list
-Selling spots on a wait list for the vaccine
-Offering on-the-spot vaccine shots in exchange for cash
Please avoid giving out personal information and opening links and emails from unknown sources.
Learn more about the COVID vaccine:
Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination (CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Information about the Pfizer-BioNTech CVID-19 Vaccine (CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Factsheet for Patients and Caregivers for Moderna's COVID-19 Vaccine (FDA - Food and Drug Administration Emeegency Use Authorization)
Safety and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine (New England Journal of Medicine, subscription required)
Efficacy and Safety of the mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (New England Journal of Medicine, subscription required)
COVID-19 Information (LA County Department of Public Health)
Thank you shout out
We just want to publicly give a sincere thank you to all of our amazing staff, for all of their hard work and dedication over this incredibly difficult past year. Drs Caren and Urman are so appreciative of everything they have done for all of our patients.
Enhanced Access Membership Program (EAMP) 2021
During these challenging times, more than ever -
The Patient-Physician Relationship is The True Core of Optimal Medical Care
"It is far more important to know what person has the disease than what disease the person has." - attributed to Hippocrates, the father of Western Medicine.
- Personalized concierge services not covered by private insurance or Medicare
- Three annual membership options to choose from. Patients choose what works best for them
- Monthly payment options for current EAMP members renewing prior to the end of the year are available. Discounted fees for current EAMP members renewing at the same or higher level when pain in full by the end of the year.
- Increasing levels of priority and enhanced access for routine appointments and testing and to speak with you cardiologist on routine matters.
- New for 2021: Significant discounts offered on Sollis Heath Annual Membership Plans (24/7 unlimited, immediate access to world-class concierge facilities in Beverly Hills and Manhattan equipped with laboratory and diagnostic imaging including MRI, CT, ultrasound and x-ray, no wait time)
- Priority completion of administrative paper-work and fees waived.
- Global CARE coverage (for concierge level members). Critical care air rescue and evacuation anywhere in the world with the coordination of your cardiologist and the Cleveland Clinic.
- Validated parking (Premier and Concierge members)
- Convenient VIP parking for Concierge members for office visits
Current EAMP members should have received renewal information in the mail recently but if not, please call us or speak to our staff when visiting our office before the end of the year.
If you are not a current EAMP member, and wish to maximize your experience with our office and your top-tier cardiologist, click here for more information or call our practice manager, Lilly Garzona or EAMP representative Kahlia Bundle at 310.659.0715.
|Cedars-Sinai Smidt Heart Institute cardiologist Dr. Mark Urman is named as a Super Doctor for the thirteenth straight year|
We remain committed and available for your cardiac health needs.
As health care providers, there is nothing more important to us than the well-being of our patients.
It is important to keep yourself heart healthy while trying to remain safe.
If you would like to see our prior COVID-19 Heart Health e-Newsletters and all prior editions from 2020, click here
[Author’s note: This e-newsletter was written on Wednesday, January 13, 2021. The subject matter is rapidly changing, and the recommendations below may be out of date within a short period of time. Find the latest general recommendations from the LA County Dept of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control by clicking on the links.]. In addition, this link is quite thorough and complete in giving you the latest statistics not only for LA county but also how we compare to the rest of the country: https://corona-virus.la/data
- We Remain Open to Serve You
- We Are Caring For You in a Safe and Secure Environment
- Do Not Delay Your Potentially Life-Saving Cardiac Care
No doubt, even under the best of circumstances, life for us will not be entirely back to normal anytime soon although there are promising signs that vaccines will become available soon However, no matter what, we are here for you. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns and take advantage of technology to stay medically connected with us to keep you healthy.
Learn about Virtual Visits (Telemedicine) with us
Share Your Experience
Please help get the word out about our doctors and our practice. It will only take a minute and we will be so grateful! Share your experience in our office by clicking on your cardiologist:
If you Yelp review your healthcare encounter with Dr. Urman by clicking here.
On Google, look Dr Caren or Dr Urman up in Google, on the right of the screen you will see a picture of the office, a map, hours and other reviews, if you look just above the review section toward the bottom and to the right you can click on the button ‘Write a review’
On Vitals, here is the link for Dr Caren: https://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Jeffrey_Caren.html
On Vitals, here is the link for Dr. Urman: https://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Mark_Urman.html
| ||Following a Heart-Healthy Diet and Lifestyle|
Cedars Heart Program Remains Top 3 in US and Best in the West